Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lakewold Gardens


Design in bricks on pathways


One of the many rhododendrons


My friend, John Fitz-Gerald in front of a large rhododendron



Primula



Actinidia kolomikta (variegated kiwi vine)


Close-up of a branch of the Dawn Redwood


Another rhododendron


Not your usual swimming pool


Many statues can be found on the estate


Always one of my favorites





There are many different gardens.  This was in the fern garden


A look at the house with the Dawn Redwood on the left


Another view of the house


A humungous Douglas Fir


Some of the many colors one sees

My friend John and I had always heard of the garden and decided to check it out. It was on a Sunday afternoon and surprisingly, there were very few visitors. There is a gift shop and the proprietor is very fun and knowledgeable. I highly recommend a visit to Lakewold. To see more about the garden and estate, check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers